Bihar Special Comprehensive Revision: Two lakh people apply for deletion of names from voter list.

New Delhi: The Election Commission today said that under the Special Comprehensive Revision of Voter Lists in Bihar, 1.98 lakh applications have been received from individuals for deletion of names from the voter list. Similarly, about 30,000 people have applied for inclusion in the voter list.

New Delhi: The Election Commission today said that under the Special Comprehensive Revision of Voter Lists in Bihar, 1.98 lakh applications have been received from individuals for deletion of names from the voter list. Similarly, about 30,000 people have applied for inclusion in the voter list.
The draft voter lists were published on August 1 and individuals and political parties can file ‘claims and objections’ till September 1.
Under the election laws, people and parties have the right to challenge the inclusion of names in the draft list that they think are ineligible. Similarly, those who think they are eligible but have been left out can also seek inclusion.
The final voter list for Bihar, which is likely to go to polls in November, will be published on September 30. According to the Election Commission, 99.11 percent of the state's 7.24 crore voters have submitted their documents for verification so far.